Tuesday 11 February 2014

ToMB Episode 0.1


Hello and Welcome to the next instalment of my ToMB Blog, episode 0.1 if you like. So the official stat cards have been released and we now have a week before the first blog is due (for those of us participating in this madness) which means I can either wait a week and release a monster sized blog going through my first $60 worth of spend, or I can drip feed it out over a week and thus save anyone reading a large headache trying to decipher my ramblings in one go. I selected the latter!

Well, we’ve determined that I’m using Mr Jack Daw and had a look at his fluff so over this coming week I will be looking at the models I’ve selected, what they do, which models I’m using for Proxies (being as the box set isn’t released yet) and any plans for modeling. I say modeling because I have to admit….

 
I Ain’t Painting Jack!


Or any Hanged, or my Ligeia proxy. This is because I received them from Malifaux internet celebrity Dawn McCormack (AKA @Sassylady1970) through the holiday miniature exchange which is organised each year by John Andrews (@Rameses73). Basically how it works is you sign up and get a random person to send a gift of Mini’s to, you then receive a nice little box from someone else in return. I was lucky enough to draw Dawn and she was more than generous and painted me a Jack, 2 Hanged and a Ligeia proxy before she sent them. Sweet.


Most of the other crew members I have are also painted as I was planning to start Jack before I knew about ToMB. Some aren’t but honestly, if you’re waiting to see my painting skills, then it won’t be worth the wait! I have had some thoughts about modeling scheme markers for the crew and some of them might be re-based but we shall wait and see.


So why the Hell should I bother reading all this crap then? Well to be honest I’m not sure you should, but if you really want to I’ll be blogging about crew selection and tactics and as far as I know I’m the only ToMB blogger that is planning to run the $60 selection competitively from month 1, starting with a league game at my local club next week and followed by a ranked tournament in March!


Anyway enough for now, tomorrow I’ll introduce the main man and have a look what he is capable of… (and it's gonna be a long un, ooh-er missus)

 

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment